- RT @Shelter: First-time buyers in London need to save for up to 30 YEARS to afford deposit mirror.co.uk/money/personal… #pricedout 11 hours ago
- New #Immigration Bulletin online now. Click to read latest news, cases and training events bit.ly/11lE18y #ukimmigration 1 day ago
- Latest GCC Housing Bulletin is out now with news, case law, articles & events: bit.ly/17VEvpV 1 day ago
- RT @FreefromTorture: The UK has a proud history of welcoming refugees. Check the #RefugeeWeek timeline to find out why. http://t.co/IGNb19Z… 1 day ago
- RT @TheHennaM: Fantastic day on mini pupillage @gardencourtlaw. Attended the Smiley Culture Inquest. Got homework to do tonight. Bring on t… 1 day ago
Author Archives: marcwillers
As the late Lord Bingham said in 2009 (see link to his lecture): ‘The rights protected by the Convention and the Act deserve to be protected because they are, as I would suggest, the basic and fundamental rights which everyone … Continue reading
Chris Johnson, Community Law Partnership and Marc Willers of Garden Court Chambers Yordanova & ors v Bulgaria, European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR), application no. 25446/06, 24th April 2012. Introduction In Yordanova the ECtHR found that the threatened forcible eviction … Continue reading
I’m in Vienna today at the 5th annual meeting of the Fundamental Rights Platform (FRP) – a collective of over 350 Civil Society Organisations which work on a wide variety of fundamental rights issues across the European Union (EU).
On 25 March 2012 the government issued its new planning policy on the provision of caravan sites for Gypsies and Travellers: Planning policy for traveller sites (‘PPFTS’). The policy document replaces both Circular 1/2006 Planning for Gypsy and Traveller Caravan … Continue reading
The Second Reading of the Bill in the House of Lords took place in the Lords on 21st November 2011. Most of the peers who spoke were opposed to the legal aid cuts in whole or in part.
I visited Piatisgorsk in the Stavropol Region of Russia this week in order to speak about Article 6 of the European Convention on Human Rights provision of legal aid to Chechen judges and lawyers. The Council of Europe and the … Continue reading
From Marc Willers in Budapest: I attended a conference today in the Roma district in a very sunny Budapest. The speakers came from all over Europe and gave accounts of the fantastic work their NGOs are doing to empower Roma … Continue reading
From Marc Willers: I’m travelling to Hungary to attend conferences being held in Budapest on Roma Rights at a time which coincides with the International Roma Day on 8th April. Last night I gave a presentation at the premises of … Continue reading