We are pleased to announce our latest victory – a stunning rout at the INQUEST charity pub quiz evening! A yearly event to raise money for all the wonderful work done by INQUEST, this is the second year running that Garden Court has demonstrated that their expertise extends beyond topics of law and human rights and into areas such as naming characters from ‘The Simpsons’ and knowing who Kim Kardashian is (but not why we should care!) The winning team Dexter Dias QC, Rajiv Menon QC, Sarah Hemingway, Deirdre Malone and Tom Wainwright fought off tough competition from other well known human rights Chambers – some of whom appeared to be exercising their right to freedom of association by ‘Phoning a Friend’ when the questions got tricky! A thoroughly enjoyable time was had by all, a great deal of money was raised for an amazing organisation and the trophy will soon be re-taking pride of place in Garden Court Reception.
- Whether the right to reside test complies with EU law when applied to ‘family benefits’
- The Dano Effect – The restriction on benefits paid to EU citizens who are former workers
- Where have all the good men gone?
- The legal challenge to the ‘bedroom tax’ – a new hope
- Tackling hate speech aimed at Gypsies, Travellers and Roma
- We are delighted to welcome new tenants, Nisha Bambhra and @KatherineAbdn (Katherine Duncan), to the GC Family Team: bit.ly/2znOSmw 9 hours ago
- Congratulations to Vicky Preece of @IBB_Solicitors for winning Solicitor Advocate of the Year last night at the… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago
- Congratulations @SternbergReed - Winner of Excellence in Learning & Development at the #LawSocAwards last night… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago
- Congratulations @ahmed_aydeed Heather Iqbal Rayner, @ToufiqueHossain & @lewis_kett @DuncanLewis! #LawSocAwards twitter.com/DuncanLewis/st… 11 hours ago
- 2/2 Now @GLAN_LAW have reached the initial goal there's a "stretch target" of £100,000 to help to complete the case. bit.ly/2jVCqHT 13 hours ago