- Whether the right to reside test complies with EU law when applied to ‘family benefits’
- The Dano Effect – The restriction on benefits paid to EU citizens who are former workers
- Where have all the good men gone?
- The legal challenge to the ‘bedroom tax’ – a new hope
- Tackling hate speech aimed at Gypsies, Travellers and Roma
- Garden Court's @Stephen_Clark42 co-authored 'The Reform of Civil Justice' with Sir Rupert Jackson, former Lord Just… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 30 minutes ago
- RT @GardenCtCrime: TONIGHT Garden Court criminal clerk Joe Scanlan will take to the ring at 'Queensbury Legal 2', a charity boxing night or… 3 hours ago
- BREAKING: Garden Court announces action in response to legal aid cuts. We will not be undertaking publicly funded c… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago
- Today @libertyhq, with the help of @shushinluh & @EmmaJFitzsimons, are at the High Court representing @Schools_ABC… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Pilot Andy Hill to be charged with manslaughter and endangering an aircraft following the Shoreham air crash. Garde… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
Tag Archives: Travellers
Marc Willers QC explores the hate speech targeting Roma, Gypsies and Travellers and the power to prosecute perpetrators for incitement to racial hatred. On 27 January 2015 we commemorated the 70th anniversary of the day when Soviet troops liberated the … Continue reading
What’s wrong with the UK Government’s response to the EU call for states to adopt a framework on national Roma integration strategies?
Marc Willers and Owen Greenhall explore the Strasbourg Declaration on Roma, the EU Framework for Roma integration and the UK Government’s response, before detailing the ways in which this response lacks the substance required to effectively protect the rights of … Continue reading
The impact of the revocation of the temporary stop notice regulations on Gypsies and Travellers: the road to nowhere
Marc Willers examines why changes to temporary stop notice provisions risk forcing Gypsies and Travellers onto the roadside. Romani Gypsies and Irish Travellers have lived in the United Kingdom in their caravans in accordance with their traditional way of life … Continue reading